2017 Year In Review
As some of you know, in 2016 we founded the Animal Defense Partnership (ADP) to join the fight against animal suffering and abuse worldwide. In this short time, ADP provided 14 animal protection organizations with free legal and consulting services, enabling them to focus their attention and limited resources where needed most - protecting animals.
As you consider your year-end giving, a gift to ADP would mean so much to this cause. Donate Here.
Your support allows ADP to provide pro bono legal and other professional services to organizations fighting to protect animals from abuse. These groups do extraordinary work and are helping to change the way society treats and views animals. However, many – particularly small and mid-sized nonprofits – are limited in resources and need the support we provide in order to thrive.
That's where ADP comes in. We work with organizations including advocacy groups, animal sanctuaries, and companion animal rescue operations. A few examples:
- ADP worked with Compassion Over Killing on a complaint filed against a Minnesota pig slaughterhouse that supplies Hormel, bringing awareness to its cruel and abusive practices.
- ADP is the preferred legal services provider for the Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries, a charity that accredits and supports over 150 animal sanctuaries around the world. Among several other projects, we are building an online platform for GFAS and its sanctuaries to access templates for a range of governance documents and human resource policies.
- ADP supported Paws Crossed Animal Rescue, a no kill companion animal rescue, on a tax matter relating to the potential expansion of their facility, and we had the privilege of being honored at their annual gala last month.
- ADP assisted in developing funding strategies for Uganda’s Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary and The Bulindi Chimpanzee & Community Project, a project in Western Uganda that works to protect chimps by reducing human-chimp conflict, restoring forests, and improving farmer livelihoods.
As lawyers, we understand the complex legal issues facing nonprofit organizations. Our legal work for these groups has included litigation assistance, registration and compliance, employment practices and dispute resolution, fiscal sponsorship and “friends of” relationships, animal surrender agreements, intellectual property clearance, drafting and strengthening corporate governance documents, organizational structuring, crisis management, zoning and tax matters, and more.
To help support the work that we do providing our clients with the highest quality counsel throughout the U.S. and in other parts of the world, we have established partnerships with the pro bono departments of several leading global law firms. These firms have our deepest thanks for joining with us in our animal protection work.
Our accomplishments this year would not have been possible without the guidance and support of our Board Chair, Allan E. Kornberg, MD, MBA. Allan, a pediatrician, served as the U.S. Executive Director of World Animal Protection and Executive Director of Farm Sanctuary and is the current board chair of the Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries. He has been instrumental in helping us define and focus our mission and forge relationships with numerous leading animal protection advocates and other supporters.
The Animal Defense Partnership ensures front line organizations can focus their attention and resources on protecting defenseless animals from suffering and abuse. We look forward to continuing this fight in the year ahead. If you are part of an animal charity seeking our expertise, or interested in volunteering, please let us know. If, as part of your year-end giving, you would like to support ADP and help us expand our reach and broaden our impact, please Donate Here.
Thank you for your support.
David Ebert and Joel Litvin
Organizations Working with ADP
Animal Charity Clients
- Brighter Green
- Compassion in World Farming
- Compassion Over Killing
- Friends of Chimps
- Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries
- Indraloka Animal Sanctuary
- In Defense of Animals
- The North Shore Animal League
- Paws Crossed Animal Rescue
- Peace Ridge Sanctuary
- Return to Freedom
- Tigers in America
- Woodstock Farm Sanctuary
Collaborating Law Firms
- Covington & Burling
- Foley & Lardner
- Katten Muchin Rosenman
- King & Spalding
- Kramer Levin
- Paul Weiss Rifkind Wharton
- Proskauer Rose
- Skadden Arps Slate Meagher
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett
- Winston & Strawn
Copyright © 2017 The Animal Defense Partnership All rights reserved.
Our email address is: